Street Tails: Fall 2017
- Story from the Streets…page 1
- Kitten Caboose!...page 1
- Using Humane Traps to Trap-Neuter-Return…page 1
- President’s Corner - Taming feral kittens: well worth the effort…page 2
- Take the Pledge!…page 2
- FCCO Wish List…page 3
- 4 Simple Actions that Can Make a Big Impact…page 3
Tour FCCO's Spay/Neuter Clinic!
Tours are held monthly at 10am, typically on the LAST Thursday of the month (check calendar), at our headquarters in SW Portland (4522 SW Water Ave., Portland). Come see how we are making the difference in the lives of so many cats and their caregivers!
Things to know:
- The tour will be approximately 1/2 hour.
- Reservations are required. Space is limited.
- A spay/neuter clinic will be in process (approximately 35 cats expected).
- Medical procedures that may be seen, but are not limited to, might include: spaying, neutering, needle injections (ie, vaccinations and analgesics), and ear tipping. Occasionally people feel queasy at the sight of some procedures - it is okay to step away from the tour as needed.
Register for a tour:
Links for Fred Meyer Community Rewards Expired in june! RENEW YOURS TODAY!
If you are you one of the many who linked your Fred Meyer rewards card to FCCO to help raise funds for the cats - thank you! Last quarter, 259 households raised an incredible $842.73 in donations - but those links expired on June 30!
Help us maintain this generous funding source by RE-linking your rewards today! It's also a great time to SIGN UP, if you haven't already. You get all the regular rewards and bonus coupons, and the cats also get rewarded!
Relink your card to our Community Rewards program through an email sent from Fred Meyer on June 8 OR by logging on to your account at fred/meyer.com/community rewards.
Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card you continue to help us earn a donation! Remember, you still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates. Get more information about Fred Meyer Community Rewards Customer Re-enrollment here.
For fun, look at your account summary and scroll to the bottom to see the amount you raised for FCCO last quarter!
A special all-weekend clinic
Saturday, October 3rd: 127 cats from Othello, Washington were spayed/neutered at our clinic. Sunday, October 4th: An additional 40 cats from Othello were spayed/neutered at our clinic.
At this point the Othello team feels like most of the cats have been trapped and brought to our clinic. There is a plan in place with the one veterinarian serving their community to spay/neuter any remaining cats. This highlights the importance of the eartip indicating that a cat has already been spayed/neutered.
The cats were trapped and transported by a team of volunteers who work on an online show called Animal House TV. While filming an episode of the show they found an exploding population of feral and stray cats in this rural, depressed community. They wanted to help them. They worked with the community for months and once they had them on board for Trap-Neuter-Return, they reached out to FCCO.
Support spay/neuter for feral and stray cats. It makes a difference in so many lives.