Current Job Openings with FCCO
FCCO is the leading spay/neuter program in our area providing free services for feral and stray cats and low-cost for pet cats. We have spayed/neutered more than 84,000 cats since our inception in 1995. Join our well-skilled staff and use your training and talents to help prevent future generations of feral cats.
Certified Veterinary Technician, Full Time
Provide excellent care for all cats utilizing FCCO's services. Perform and oversee all services from clinic prep to closing. Become proficient in administering anesthesia, surgical prep, surgical assisting,standard FCCO treatments and record keeping. Will also learn front desk protocols and systems and assist as needed. Job duties will be performed in a positive, efficient and cooperative manner.
- Veterinary Technician certified in Oregon.
- 2+ years of clinical experience preferred.
- Experience working for a spay/neuter program a plus.
- Self-directed and responsible team player, with great follow-through on commitments as well as the ability to take direction from supervisors.
- Able to lift 40 lbs and work a 10 hour day standing for long periods of time.
- Patience, tolerance, and ability to work quickly and safely in fast-paced environment.
- Must possess and maintain a current Oregon driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to work with, train and motivate a varying range of volunteers
- Support the mission of the Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon.
- Currently live in the Portland, Oregon vicinity
Hour rate of $17 to $19 DOE. If you would like to be considered for this position, please click here send your resume and cover letter to Karen Kraus.
Veterinary Receptionist, Full Time
Provide excellent customer service to callers seeking our services. Duties include screening and scheduling spay/neuter appointments for feral, stray and pet cats; accurately tracking and recording caller data; assisting with trap pick-up, return, cleaning and inventory tracking; training and overseeing reception volunteers; assisting with cleaning and other duties as needed. Job duties will be performed in a positive, efficient and cooperative manner.
- Minimum 1-year veterinary reception or comparable experience.
- Professional demeanor during stressful situations.
- Able to lift 25lbs repeatedly and perform physical tasks as assigned.
- Possess and maintain a current Oregon driver’s license and good driving record.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and strong data base experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the public, volunteers and co-workers.
- Ability to take direction from supervisors and perform tasks in a timely manner.
- Good attention to details.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Patience and sense of humor.
- Pick up phone messages and return calls.
- Schedule spay/neuter appointments and perform all tasks related to scheduling appointments.
- Record all information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist the Caregiver Coordinator and veterinary staff in all areas requested.
- Perform all areas of cat check in process.
- Encourage caregivers to donate for services received.
- Understand and follow FCCO policies and procedures concerning scheduling and clinics.
- Train office volunteers as directed.
- Various cleaning duties as directed or assigned.
- Assist in maintaining the trap inventory.
- Perform trap maintenance, cleaning and repair.
- Check traps in and out to caregivers and accurately track.
- Train caregivers on how to trap cats.
- Assist with the transport of traps and cats utilizing the FCCO transport vehicle.
- Assist with transport vehicle maintenance.
- Support the mission of FCCO, the policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hourly rate between $12.50 and $14.00 DOE. Please click here send your resume and cover letter to Karen Kraus.