Just For Fun!
How well do you know cats?
Learning should be fun! We've put together a little quiz for you to test your knowledge of cats - kudos to anyone who gets them all right!
(Scroll down for answers)
- True or False: Cats step with both left legs, then both right legs when they walk or run.
- Which has more bones - a cat or a human?
- Almost 10% of a cat's bones are in its ___.
- How many whiskers does a cat have?
- True or False: Cats purr at the same frequency as an idling diesel engine, about 26 cycles per second.
- True or False: The nose pad prints of litter-mates are identical.
- If a male cat is both orange and black it is most likely ___.
- True or False: Tortoiseshell and calico cats are often male.
- Which famous leader was terrified of cats?
- In ancient Egypt, killing a cat was a crime punishable by ___.
- Bonus question: How many hairs per square inch are on the back of a cat?
- True. The only other animals to do this are the giraffe and the camel.
- Cats. Humans have 206, the cat has 230.
- A total of 24 (4 rows of whiskers on each side; the upper two rows can move independently of the bottom two rows.)
- False. Every cat's nose pad is unique.
- False. For every 3,000 tortoiseshell or calico cats born, only one will be male.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- Bonus Question: There are approximately 60,000 hairs per square inch on the back of a cat and about 120,000 per square inch on its underside.